Name: Jeremy Bostick
Died: Sept. 27, 2009
Age at death: 11
Cause of death: Carbon monoxide poisoning
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Jeremy was a resident at a private facility when his family lost funding for him and were told Jeremy was going to be transferred to a group home.
In response, Jeremy’s father poisoned Jeremy and himself with carbon monoxide. Reportedly, his father “just felt he couldn’t do it any longer and he just didn’t think he could get the help he needed”.
Dad in murder-suicide had sought help for autistic son
Death leaves workers rattled
Dad ‘snapped’ when autistic son sent to home, court told
‘Cruel’ to transfer autistic boy, Edmonton inquiry told
Fatality inquiry into murder-suicide of father and autistic son reveals years-long struggle